Intravenous (IV) sedation is administered by a dentist skilled in this treatment giving you the added peace of mind of having one surgeon monitoring and maintaining your relaxed, dream-like state whilst the other one transforms your mouth into a more beautiful and healthy environment.
What are the benefits of IV sedation?
- A procedure lasting hours may feel like it lasted minutes.
- Can be used for a variety of treatments.
- Produces a dream-like state where the patient is aware but is too relaxed to care.
- Encourages people to visit regularly and address their dental problems rather than wait till problems become larger and more expensive to resolve.
- Helps us to create a trusting relationship with our patients
- An amnesic effect is achieved which affects only the memory of that procedure and for a short time afterwards.
According to our sedation dentist, “it is similar to being drunk after a bottle of whiskey or gin, but without the hangover the next day”.