Proactive, tailored hygiene maintenance treatments for gums and teeth, to maximise the longevity of your smile. Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) is the new and modern way to care for your Oral Health. It’s minimally invasive delivering superior results for both children and adults in under 30 minutes.
Health starts from the opening into your body.
Quality dental care begins with ensuring that you minimise the risk factors which cause disease. Just as exercise helps keep you in shape it is important to proactively manage disease causing bugs and biofilm from your mouth. This reduces the incidence of tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
Regular, tailored hygiene care is central to the provision of quality dentistry. GBT is the new gold standard, to help you keep your teeth for longer. It is used to gently eliminate biofilm (bacteria) found on teeth, implants, appliances and soft tissues. In doing so GBT saves teeth, implants and much more. By combining specialist powder and warm water GBT provides you with the most comfortable hygiene experience available and fast visible results .
Our personalised approach makes use of regular health scores to ensure that we provide you with the most effective care and the right advice at the right time. The latest technology allows you to visualise the harmful biofilm as well as ensuring comfortable treatments to address this.
I have been visiting the practice for the last 5 years and always receive a consistent and professional service. The hygniests provide great results and Christine, the dentist is easily the reason I return from Dubai rather than using a local practice. Highly recommend for all treatments and definitely the best Dentist Edinburgh has to offer.
I've been a patient here for around 18 months; the service is fantastic both for routine dental/hygienist visits and for treatment. Receiving a phone call to see how I was the day after having some treatment was a really nice touch. Would highly recommend to everyone.
In the past I have had some very difficult experiences with dentists, which has left me anxious about receiving any treatment. Neeraj and his crew are positively challenging my previous experiences with their care and consideration. I feel as if my input is listened to and validated. I can even say I look forward to my appointments with the dental hygienist! Thank you all at Integrated Dental Care. Together you make my experience an easier one.
Very happy with the professional service I have received over the past few years from the hygienist service within the practice. Excellent advice on brushing and flossing has caused me to change my daily dental hygiene routines and, together with regular cleaning carried out by the hygienists, has meant no dental remedial work has been required for some time. Long may this continue! I would certainly recommend a visit to the hygienist in this practice. Easily the best dentist Edinburgh has.
The practice staff are very friendly and helpful and the dental hygienists are more thorough than any I've seen before. Neeraj makes us all feel relaxed about our dental visits and any treatments, including my 2 daughters who are 10 and 5. I recommend him to everyone.
GBT is the new and modern way to remove and manage dental biofilm. We tailor treatment protocols to your needs. The treatment is minimally invasive and delivered with maximum comfort (using warm water?). It can be used for general maintenance, advanced gum disease, implant maintenance and care and cleaning around orthodontic appliances efficiently. The products used in GBT change the DNA/RNA of the bacteria in the mouth thus changing the damaging properties and preventing bacterial production. Your hygienist will be able to discuss the benefits of this.
Laser therapy is part of a target approach used to treat areas which have not responded to conventional methods.
Eliminating gum inflammation is about mechanical cleaning. At your hygiene visit the hygienist will discuss toothpastes appropriate to your needs, providing appropriate toothpaste samples to try at home.
If you don’t clean your mouth properly you will suffer inflamed bleeding gums due to gingivitis. For some people this can result in bone loss and eventual loosening of teeth called Periodontal (gum) disease.
Yes. These are becoming more readily available. From bamboo toothbrushes and interdental brushes to Neem tree floss.
Yes you can use tepe brushes, dental rubbers or water flossers. There is a wide variety of interdental aids. Your hygienist will demonstrate and advise the best options for you at your appointments.
Excellent toothbrushing with an electric toothbrush will address 60% of the plaque biofilm. The other 40% requires for you to use interdental aids such as floss, tepe brushes or interdental rubbers.
Please get in touch, we're here to help you get peace of mind.
0131 225 9093